Mailing List Archive

About putting the blame on other shoulders

>> Will it not also affect us who build mod_perl applications and want
>> an easy-to-use installer to just work for people who download our
>> software? Frankly, I don't think that it should be fine for just the
>> dedicated mod_perl developer. This is one place where PHP is kicking
>> the crap out of us.

> us == perl, once PAUSE is fixed, and CPAN clients are adjusted, it will
> just work.

Stas, please stop propagating this fairy tale. The danger is, that
people will believe you. This I call unfair propaganda as it tries to
put the blame on somebody else's shoulders. That's not a very
promising strategy to solve problems.

Listen carefully: it is very unlikely that PAUSE and CPAN get
''''fixed'''' as you call it. There is no solution at hand and 4
people who you know well and who in turn know the problem domain very
well have agreed and have told you so.

So please stop telling untruth.

--
andreas