I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
it loads u-boot menu.
What I need to do for restore my device?
Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <jbrownfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
> I reflashed my n900 in the case of crashing it after installing the
> latest version of CSSU Thumb, I installed the latest version of the
> kernel power (including u-boot) and the latest CSSU testing.
> It worked well but after restoring packeges I used earlier my device
> does not load - after loading u-boot menu and choicing the kernel for
> I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
> it loads u-boot menu.
> What I need to do for restore my device?

Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
"U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
over.

Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
when you attach the device.

Good luck :)
Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 [ In reply to ]
On Mon 13 May 2013 20:23:16 Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <jbrownfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I reflashed my n900 in the case of crashing it after installing the
> > latest version of CSSU Thumb, I installed the latest version of the
> > kernel power (including u-boot) and the latest CSSU testing.
> > It worked well but after restoring packeges I used earlier my device
> > does not load - after loading u-boot menu and choicing the kernel for
> > I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
> > it loads u-boot menu.
> > What I need to do for restore my device?
>
> Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
> "U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
> over.

That won't help since NOLO - which catches "U" for entering flashing mode -
gets invoked *before* bootmenu.

> Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
> when you attach the device.

This is correct advice

/j
Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 [ In reply to ]
joerg Reisenweber:
> On Mon 13 May 2013 20:23:16 Paul Hartman wrote:
>> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <jbrownfirst@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
>> when you attach the device.
>
> This is correct advice
>
> /j

I always do it but it doesn't work.
Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 [ In reply to ]
Paul Hartman:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <jbrownfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I reflashed my n900 in the case of crashing it after installing the
>> latest version of CSSU Thumb, I installed the latest version of the
>> kernel power (including u-boot) and the latest CSSU testing.
>> It worked well but after restoring packeges I used earlier my device
>> does not load - after loading u-boot menu and choicing the kernel for
>> I tried to reflash it but when I connect it to my PC instead reflashing
>> it loads u-boot menu.
>> What I need to do for restore my device?
>
> Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
> "U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
> over.

I try it but have no needed effect - neither u-boot loads nor flashing
starts.
Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 [ In reply to ]
On Mon 13 May 2013 20:50:50 James Brown wrote:
> joerg Reisenweber:
> > On Mon 13 May 2013 20:23:16 Paul Hartman wrote:
> >> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM, James Brown <jbrownfirst@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>

> >> Try to start flasher before plugging in USB, so it is trying instantly
> >> when you attach the device.
> >
> > This is correct advice
> >
> > /j
>
> I always do it but it doesn't work.

tHEN YOUR BATTERY IS TOO WEAK FOR FLASHING. sINCE OBVIOUSLY YOUR SYSTEM
DOESN'T BOOT UP INTO LINUX SO IT COULD DO PROPER CHARGING, YOU SEEM TO HAVE
RUN INTO AGE OLD BATTERY-EMPTY DEADLOCK
damn, capslock. sorry, too lazy to retype.
Charge your battery by external means!
/j
Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM, joerg Reisenweber <joerg@openmoko.org> wrote:
>> Try to slide the keyboard "almost" open, barely enough to touch the
>> "U" key, but not all the way open enough for the boot menu to take
>> over.
>
> That won't help since NOLO - which catches "U" for entering flashing mode -
> gets invoked *before* bootmenu.

I did not realize that, thank you for the correct info!
Re: Troubles with reflashing n900 (resolved) [ In reply to ]
joerg Reisenweber:
> On Mon 13 May 2013 20:50:50 James Brown wrote:
>> joerg Reisenweber:

>>> This is correct advice
>>>
>>> /j
>>
>> I always do it but it doesn't work.
>

> tHEN YOUR BATTERY IS TOO WEAK FOR FLASHING. sINCE OBVIOUSLY YOUR SYSTEM
> DOESN'T BOOT UP INTO LINUX SO IT COULD DO PROPER CHARGING, YOU SEEM TO HAVE
> RUN INTO AGE OLD BATTERY-EMPTY DEADLOCK
> damn, capslock. sorry, too lazy to retype.
> Charge your battery by external means!
> /j

Thanks, it was a problem with the level of charge of battery...
When I installed a full-charged battery it have reflashed without problems.
Sorry. I saw that the indicator shown that the battery was charging and
thought that the level of its charge was enough... I was wrong...