Mailing List Archive

Is Maemo still in active development?
Subject: Is Maemo still in active development?

Good day from Singapore,

Is Maemo still in active development?

Snippet from Wikipedia:

"Maemo is a software platform originally developed by Nokia, now
developed by the community, for smartphones and Internet tablets. The
platform comprises both the Maemo operating system and SDK. Wikipedia
Default user interface: Hildon
Developer: Nokia
Original author: Nokia
Latest release: 5.0 PR 1.3.1 / 1 November 2011; 10 years ago
Programming languages: C++, C, Mono"

From Wikipedia, it says that the latest release of Maemoo was 10 years
ago.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
5 Aug 2022 Friday
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
Re: Is Maemo still in active development? [ In reply to ]
Hi Turritopsis,

Being in active development is a bit hazy statement, from my point of
view. :)

The original Maemo OS as far as the Nokia involvment is considered sure
is pretty much dead as a Dodo but the work is carried on other branches.
There is still development on Community repositories, and there are
several actively developed branched-off OS'es that can be run on
original Maemo devices and which implement more or less the same con
cepts and API's as the original Maemo OS.

BR. Jussi Ohenoja, board member of Maemo Community e.V.