Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 23:20:29 +0200
From: Sicelo <absicsz@gmail.com>
To: maemo-community@maemo.org
Subject: Accepting Nomination

Hi

After some consideration, I have decided to accept my nomination as a
candidate for the Maemo Community Council.[1]

Like everyone else, I also have my share of personal commitments and
other issues. However, I will be happy to give back to the community by
handling Council duties as far as my circumstances will allow.

I joined the community sometime in 2010, eventually obtaining my N900
the following year. Needless to say - this opened up a completely new
world to me. For example, I had never before experienced what being in a
community really meant. At the time I was still very new to Linux, and
can say that Maemo taught me all I know today about Linux (maybe even
computing in general).

Unfortunately I do not have much technical know-how, but with the help
of the community, I have been able to contribute by compiling a
perl-enabled irssi and obdgpslogger. I also participate in testing,
especially cssu-devel packages. Of course, I also enjoy interacting with
the Maemo community as a whole on IRC and on talk.maemo.org by answering
questions whenever I am able.

I am looking forward to other ways to keep this great community alive.

Sicelo

[1] http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1527597&postcount=2

----- End forwarded message -----