Project Name: OSM2go

Author: Dakon aka. DerDakon (Rolf Eike Beer)

Brief description: OSM2go has been improved lately. It now uses C++ for many
things, which results in reduced memory usage (std::vector and friends instead
of handcoded single-linked lists). It gained some new features (e.g. nested
presets, so a newer set of JOSM presets can be used), a couple of memory leaks
were fixed. Based on the C++ port a Qt5 based GUI will eventually come,
hopefully bringing OSM2go to Jolla.

Category: Fixing/Updating

Features/work to be judged:
- speed and memory improvements (e.g.
https://github.com/osm2go/osm2go/commit/05dd95680fb5533878fd854e318bbf2dc273f793
https://github.com/osm2go/osm2go/commit/d840910da98012e9000523e0ffde8895b0b6e9db
)
- new presets features (list of presets used in the currently selected object
[presets -> "Used presets"], multi-level presets hierarchy)
- usability improvements (e.g. place node at current GPS position, "Update
all" to update all project OSM files)
- the good karma that someone still updates programs for the N900
Package name and where to find the app/repository: osm2go (the version in the
store is outdated) https://github.com/osm2go/osm2go

Screenshots here: http://opensource.sf-tec.de/osm2go/

Greetings,

Eike
Re: Maemo Developer Regatta - OSM2go updates [ In reply to ]
Thanks; I have posted this to TMO on your behalf.

- juice -