Mailing List Archive

[Maemo Community e.V.] Sad News
Dear Maemo Community,

It is with great sadness and regret that we have to inform you that Gido Griese
(Win7Mac), a valuable member of the Maemo Community e.V., unexpectedly passed
away last week.

Gido, aged 44, was a talented cameraman and producer well known to the
commercials scene, filming and producing image commercials and feature films. To
us he was known as an integral part of the community's backbone. He not only
served as a Councilor and Director but was most of all a driving force to bring
us where we are now.

We spent hours talking on the phone the last couple of years, bringing this
community together, building the groundworks, the foundation that this community
can survive on. The Maemo Community registered association was largely Gido's
brainchild as he was the author of our charter and guided us in making the dream
come true. Gido was a generous person always willing to help others without
asking for anything in return, connecting people, being a friend.

The memorial service will be held in Hamburg this Saturday 15:00CET, so please
let me know if you are able to attend in person and I will provide you with the
address and notify his family about the attendees.

In moaning and honouring remembrance
Rüdiger Schiller

--
chairman

Maemo Community e.V.

Re: [Maemo Community e.V.] Sad News [ In reply to ]
Sad news :( and well written words.

I will do all I can to try to attend the memorial for sure.
It may be doable and I would very much like to be part of remembering his
person.

Condolences to his family.

Best
Niel Nielsen

Re: [Maemo Community e.V.] Sad News [ In reply to ]
On 13 December 2016 at 09:55, chemist <chemist@maemo.org> wrote:

> It is with great sadness and regret that we have to inform you that Gido Griese
> (Win7Mac), a valuable member of the Maemo Community e.V., unexpectedly passed
> away last week.

Thank you for letting us know. Gido was a generous person who has
contributed so much to this community. Sad news indeed.

Unfortunately, due to prior family commitments, I won't be able to get
to Hamburg on Saturday, but my thoughts will be with his family at
this difficult time.

Yours,

Andrew (Jaffa)

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@bleb.org | http://www.bleb.org/
Re: [Maemo Community e.V.] Sad News [ In reply to ]
Dear community,

We lost not only a valuable member. But we lost one of the Maemo e.V. funders.
I also do remember our irc and phone conversations regarding the wording of the e.V. papers. And it was always a nice conversation and good time!

I am speechless but just wanted to express my sadness about this way too early loss.

In memoriam

On Tue Dec 13 10:55:26 2016 GMT+0100, chemist wrote:
> Dear Maemo Community,
>
> It is with great sadness and regret that we have to inform you that Gido Griese
> (Win7Mac), a valuable member of the Maemo Community e.V., unexpectedly passed
> away last week.
>
> Gido, aged 44, was a talented cameraman and producer well known to the
> commercials scene, filming and producing image commercials and feature films. To
> us he was known as an integral part of the community's backbone. He not only
> served as a Councilor and Director but was most of all a driving force to bring
> us where we are now.
>
> We spent hours talking on the phone the last couple of years, bringing this
> community together, building the groundworks, the foundation that this community
> can survive on. The Maemo Community registered association was largely Gido's
> brainchild as he was the author of our charter and guided us in making the dream
> come true. Gido was a generous person always willing to help others without
> asking for anything in return, connecting people, being a friend.
>
> The memorial service will be held in Hamburg this Saturday 15:00CET, so please
> let me know if you are able to attend in person and I will provide you with the
> address and notify his family about the attendees.
>
> In moaning and honouring remembrance
> Rüdiger Schiller
>

> --
> chairman