Looks like all the doc references to LVS HOWTOs are hosted on www.austintek.com, however anything this site seems completely down today. I am able to view some stuff by using google cache, but navigating through this HOWTO is painful in this fashion.
Is there a known mirror?
Thanks,Jens
Re: [lvs-users] LVS Howtos unavailable [ In reply to ]
For completeness…

On 9 Feb 2017, at 18:21, Jens Jensen <jjensen@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Looks like all the doc references to LVS HOWTOs are hosted on www.austintek.com, however anything this site seems completely down today. I am able to view some stuff by using google cache, but navigating through this HOWTO is painful in this fashion.
> Is there a known mirror?

Looks like Joe’s fixed the website (probably some time ago).

I, however, have to apologise that this sat in the mod queue for over a month. I asked some time ago if someone would be able to take the list on and nothing came of it (despite coming close!) so this seems an opportune time to ask again. I haven’t got the time to moderate non-member postings these days and I would dearly like to be able to decommission my mailman instance.

Graeme
Re: [lvs-users] LVS Howtos unavailable [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> For completeness…
>
> On 9 Feb 2017, at 18:21, Jens Jensen <jjensen@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> Looks like all the doc references to LVS HOWTOs are hosted on
>> www.austintek.com, however anything this site seems completely down today. I
>> am able to view some stuff by using google cache, but navigating through this
>> HOWTO is painful in this fashion. Is there a known mirror?

Hi Graeme,

Long time no contact.

Jens,

As to the LVS HOWTO's. The machine I get in return for favours to the sysadmin.
It goes down a lot, but does come back, sometimes with a new version of the
distribution, and I find my stuff doesn't work anymore. However the HOWTOs are
quite out of date (5yrs?) and are only suitable for the most basic LVS setup. I
offered to hand over HOWTO maintenance a while ago, but never got any takers.

Joe

> Looks like Joe’s fixed the website (probably some time ago).
>
> I, however, have to apologise that this sat in the mod queue for over a month. I asked some time ago if someone would be able to take the list on and nothing came of it (despite coming close!) so this seems an opportune time to ask again. I haven’t got the time to moderate non-member postings these days and I would dearly like to be able to decommission my mailman instance.
>
> Graeme

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml