--
With best regards,
Sboychakov Dmitry
Re: [lvs-users] Using LVS for load balance gateway/router [ In reply to ]
Am Donnerstag, 24. März 2016, 16:17:25 schrieb Дмитрий Сбойчаков:
> Hello, guys.
> Is possible to use LVS for load balance forwarding traffic in GNU/Linux ?

Better use Policy Based Routing for upstream traffic.

See Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control (LARTC) for the documentation.
http://www.lartc.org/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64, +49 (162) 165 0044
Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

Re: [lvs-users] Using LVS for load balance gateway/router [ In reply to ]
Thanks for advice Michael!
But after research this technology, I have decided that it is not suitable for
our problem.

PBR is suitable for static (24/7) routers with 2 ISP canals, but it is not
so.
We have two different (in one network) routers, and they should work
together.
But everyone else in network do not have to know that there are two. We use
VRRP protocol to highlight the master router.
And Virtual IP address of master router is default gateway ip for all
clients.
So I need a traffic load-balancer (with connection persistence) on master,
which should divides input traffic to slave-nodes.
So I need to use LVS, but I can`t understand why fwmarked traffic not going
to LVS-Balancer.
If I understand this situation It happen because traffic should be send to
this device directly, instead of forwarding.
Can anyone help with that problem?
Maybe I need some patches for ip_vs module? Are there developers? Get the
right direction, please
Re: [lvs-users] Using LVS for load balance gateway/router [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Have you looked at "keepalived"? It acts as an lvs director, but also provides high availability via VRRP.

Re: [lvs-users] Using LVS for load balance gateway/router [ In reply to ]
Thanks!
We already using keepalived as director for VRRP and IP_VS.
But the problem is how to configure daemon for load balance *forwarding*
traffic, or how setup this configuration without keepalived.
Can anyone help with that?

--
With best regards,
Sboychakov Dmitry
Re: [lvs-users] Using LVS for load balance gateway/router [ In reply to ]
What version of lvs are u using?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [lvs-users] Using LVS for load balance gateway/router [ In reply to ]
Now we using ip_vs from linux 4.3, but I have no limitations on the choice
of version.
I also tested my configuration on linux 4.5 kernel.

> What version of lvs are u using?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Apr 4, 2016, at 8:04 AM, Дмитрий Сбойчаков <sboichakov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks!
> > We already using keepalived as director for VRRP and IP_VS.
> > But the problem is how to configure daemon for load balance *forwarding*
> > traffic, or how setup this configuration without keepalived.
> > Can anyone help with that?
> >
> > --
> > With best regards,
> > Sboychakov Dmitry

With best regards,
Sboychakov Dmitry
Re: [lvs-users] Using LVS for load balance gateway/router [ In reply to ]
How I tested:

- setup fwmark service for 1234 mark in ip_vs on router
- add prerouting rule for marking packets if they dst addr == 8.8.8.8
(why not 8.8.8.8 xD?)
- enable net.ipv4.ip_forward (set 1)
- set default gateway for 8.8.8.8 on other machine to address of router
- connect to 8.8.8.8 on other machine
- check traceroute for correct path
- see, that have no connections/packets in stats ip_vs
(/proc/net/ip_vs_stats) on router
- be sad =(

--
With best regards,