[lvs-users] LVS : simple load balancing failover
Hello everyone,
I use LVS with ldirectord, I would load balancing between 2 machines but
with a master machine. I just want to send the traffic on the host if
the master host is down.

Would you have a solution ?

Regards

Alexandre.

Re: [lvs-users] LVS : simple load balancing failover [ In reply to ]
Am Sonntag, 8. November 2015, 17:34:40 schrieb Alexandre:
> Hello everyone,
> I use LVS with ldirectord, I would load balancing between 2 machines but
> with a master machine. I just want to send the traffic on the host if
> the master host is down.
>
> Would you have a solution ?
>
> Regards
>
> Alexandre.

HA Cluster.

See clusterlabs.org.
Application: corosync and pacemaker.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64, +49 (162) 165 0044
Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

Re: [lvs-users] LVS : simple load balancing failover [ In reply to ]
Thank you Michael for your information, I will test pacemaker.

Can I use keepalived for single IP Failover Cluster ?

Regards,

Alexandre.

Re: [lvs-users] LVS : simple load balancing failover [ In reply to ]
Hi,

If you want to move an IP from one server to a backup server (should the
primary server fail) then just use the VRRP part of Keepalived and
ignore/remove the LVS bits.
If the primary keepalived daemon dies due to you stopping it or the
server going offline, then the secondary server will get the IP
allocated to its network interface.

Thanks,

Rich