As far as I understood, with plain iptables, I need to enable
net.vs.conntrack?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64, +49 (162) 165 0044
Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

Re: [lvs-users] Best way to use source NAT? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found several ways to implement source NAT on the LVS. What is the state of
> the art way to do this? Using plain iptables or use the ipvs module of
> iptables?
>
> As far as I understood, with plain iptables, I need to enable
> net.vs.conntrack?

Yes, if Netfilter's conntrack is enabled the faster
option for IPVS is to also enable net.vs.conntrack [1]. It allows
stateful filtering (-m state) and iptables NAT. There is even
specific match for IPVS: net/netfilter/xt_ipvs.c (-m ipvs).

[1] http://marc.info/?t=134728825000003&r=1&w=2

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>