--
With respect
Svintsov Anatoliy

Re: [lvs-users] IPVS forwards the requests to real servers for stranger VIP [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Свинцов Анатолий wrote:

> Hello.
> We use IPVS in the management interface they use keepalived. In use, we are faced with the problem of spontaneous substitution VIP for IPVS. The problem manifests itself as follows. At some point of time IPVS starts to send the requests came to A VIP on the real servers configured for the VIP B. Noticed that this happens after the update quorum. VIP B for pereseltsy invalid requests will be the same on which the problem occurred last time I converted a quorum. But the fact is that this problem occurs not during every recalculation of quorum, and at some random moment.
> Now we solve this problem by removing\adding A VIP configuration from the config file and restart the keepalived the keepalived process.
> At the moment we use on servers that IPVS the following software: CentOS 6.7 (kernel3.18.21-2.1.x86_64) v1.2.19 keepalived, ipvsadmv1.28.
> Please tell me how to solve our problem?

Is it a problem with keepalived or an IPVS problem?
Anything strange from ipvsadm -Ln ? Can you show the
output when problem occurs?

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
Re: [lvs-users] IPVS forwards the requests to real servers for stranger VIP [ In reply to ]
Hi,

What version of KeepaliveD are you running? What is the config you have
that works, and what changed did you make to it before reloading it and
getting this problem?

There was a quorum flapping bug fix in v2.1.14 that may help if you are
running older than that.

Search for "quorum" on this page...
http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2014-12/msg00007.html

Either way, I'd suggest upgrading KeepaliveD if you have an update
available and test again. The latest version I have available to me via
RPM is 1.2.13, but the latest from their website (www.keepalived.org) is
1.2.19!

Thanks,

Rich

Re: [lvs-users] IPVS forwards the requests to real servers for stranger VIP [ In reply to ]
Scott, We use the latest packages: keepalived v 1. 2.19 relase 12.1. The onset is usually spontaneous and does not depend on the configuration changes. We change the configuration to work around the problem, delete \ add the section with problem VIP.

07.11.2015 17:07, Richard Scott ïèøåò:

Hi,

What version of KeepaliveD are you running? What is the config you have
that works, and what changed did you make to it before reloading it and
getting this problem?

There was a quorum flapping bug fix in v2.1.14 that may help if you are
running older than that.

Search for "quorum" on this page...
http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2014-12/msg00007.html

Either way, I'd suggest upgrading KeepaliveD if you have an update
available and test again. The latest version I have available to me via
RPM is 1.2.13, but the latest from their website (www.keepalived.org<http://www.keepalived.org>) is
1.2.19!

Thanks,

Rich

[...]