Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] forwarding all ports from VIP to Real Server?

Re: [lvs-users] forwarding all ports from VIP to Real Server? [ In reply to ]
Mark Clarke <mark@jumpingbean.co.za> writes:

> I understand that setting port = 0 on the virtual server setup and
> leaving port= out of the real server would result in all packets to
> the VIP being forwarded to the real server?
>
> I am using NAT over GRE tunnels as I can't get the tunneling option to
> work at all. If I listen on the tunnel I get no packets being
> forwarded by the director. If I specify a port in the virtual server
> like "port = 80" then everything works.

I never tried it, but from man ipvsadm:

A Port of zero is only valid if the service is persistent as the
-p|--persistent option, in which case it is a wild-card port, that is
connections will be accepted to any port.

Are you OK in that regard?
--
Good luck,
Feri.

Re: [lvs-users] forwarding all ports from VIP to Real Server? [ In reply to ]

Re: [lvs-users] forwarding all ports from VIP to Real Server? [ In reply to ]