configure my lvs to ipv6 capable.

I am not sure if ipv6 is supported for lvs ? has anyone got lvs with heart
beat working ipv6 ? could you please share ?

Re: [lvs-users] lvs ipv6 [ In reply to ]
Khapare Joshi <khapare77@gmail.com> writes:

> I am not sure if ipv6 is supported for lvs ? has anyone got lvs with
> heart beat working ipv6 ? could you please share ?

We are using fwmark-based IPv6 direct routing. Works fine for us. No
heartbeat here, though, but that shouldn't matter for IPv6.
Feri.

Re: [lvs-users] lvs ipv6 [ In reply to ]
thanks

can you share your config or howto ?

Re: [lvs-users] lvs ipv6 [ In reply to ]
Khapare Joshi <khapare77@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:04 PM, Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> wrote:
>
>> Khapare Joshi <khapare77@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I am not sure if ipv6 is supported for lvs ? has anyone got lvs with
>>> heart beat working ipv6 ? could you please share ?
>>
>> We are using fwmark-based IPv6 direct routing. Works fine for us. No
>> heartbeat here, though, but that shouldn't matter for IPv6.
>
> can you share your config or howto ?

There's not much to share, pretty stock config with standalone
ldirectord. A snippet from our ldirectord.cf:

virtual6=101
scheduler=wlc
real6=[XXXX::2] gate
real6=[XXXX::3] gate
real6=[XXXX::4] gate
real6=[XXXX::5] gate
service=simpletcp
checkport=80
request="GET / HTTP 1.0\n\n"
receive="<html><body><h1>It works!</h1></body></html>"

The simpletcp check comes from a time when http checks were not
implemented for IPv6. But you'd better use git ldirectord anyway, see
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/commits/master/ldirectord/ldirectord.in
for IPv6-related fixes. (Assuming you want ldirectord at all; it's
easy, though, see http://horms.net/projects/ldirectord/download.shtml.)

We route a dedicated YYYY::/64 block onto the director (XXXX::1), where
we make the traffic local by the anyip kernel feature (do this also on
the real servers):

ip route add local YYYY::/64 dev lo

and mark on the INPUT chain (the usual filter table is good enough):

ip6tables -A INPUT -d YYYY::/64 -p tcp -m multiport --dports http,https -j MARK --set-mark 101

That's about it, I hope I didn't miss anything. Pretty convenient
setup, no need to care about the "ARP problem" or adding new VIPs to the
loopback interfaces until that /64 is exhausted eventually.
Feri.