[lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home
Hi folks

After something like 7 or 8 years hosting this mailing list, I’m sorry to say that I can do so no longer. I’ve been running down the number of online commitments that I have for personal & time reasons, and this list is the last one I’ve been hosting for other folks.

Is there anyone on the list who’s reasonably experienced (for which: has run an instance successfully) with GNU Mailman who would be willing to take this list on?

The list currently has a shade under 1200 subscribers; it isn’t very high volume these days as long-term subscribers will be aware *but* because it’s been around for a long time it does attract a significant amount of spam. As a result there is a daily moderation task to check the held message queue for messages sent by non-subscribers and release any which are valid list content. Perhaps unsurprisingly, most of the time the held messages are all spam - in the last 21 days there were 44 held messages, of which only one was valid list content.

So… Would anyone like to offer their services?

Regards,

Graeme
Re: [lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home [ In reply to ]
On 12/12/2014 11:11 AM, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> Hi folks

Hi,

> After something like 7 or 8 years hosting this mailing list, I’m
> sorry to say that I can do so no longer. I’ve been running down the
> number of online commitments that I have for personal & time reasons,
> and this list is the last one I’ve been hosting for other folks.
>
> Is there anyone on the list who’s reasonably experienced (for which:
> has run an instance successfully) with GNU Mailman who would be
> willing to take this list on?

I'd like to take over.

> The list currently has a shade under 1200 subscribers; it isn’t very
> high volume these days as long-term subscribers will be aware *but*
> because it’s been around for a long time it does attract a
> significant amount of spam. As a result there is a daily moderation
> task to check the held message queue for messages sent by
> non-subscribers and release any which are valid list content. Perhaps
> unsurprisingly, most of the time the held messages are all spam - in
> the last 21 days there were 44 held messages, of which only one was
> valid list content.
>
> So… Would anyone like to offer their services?

Pls contact me for details on how to migrate.

Best,

Timo

Re: [lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home [ In reply to ]
Dear Graham,

Has your request for Move the LVS lists completed ?

Did you chosed new List Homeing allready ?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ; http://www.remsnet.de

Re: [lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home [ In reply to ]
Hi all

On 10 Jan 2015, at 15:40, support@remsnet.de wrote:
> Has your request for Move the LVS lists completed ?
>
> Did you chosed new List Homeing allready ?

Two serious offers were made; I emailed the folks involved just before Christmas but haven’t had a reply as yet.

Graeme
Re: [lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home [ In reply to ]
Graeme,

Sounds like you have a few offers, but if they don't work out I'm sure
we can set something up at Loadbalancer.org.
We are also happy to sponsor someone's hosting costs if that helps.

On 12 January 2015 at 09:33, Graeme Fowler <graeme@graemef.net> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> On 10 Jan 2015, at 15:40, support@remsnet.de wrote:
>> Has your request for Move the LVS lists completed ?
>>
>> Did you chosed new List Homeing allready ?
>
> Two serious offers were made; I emailed the folks involved just before Christmas but haven’t had a reply as yet.
>
> Graeme

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.
Phone: +44 (0)330 1604540
http://www.loadbalancer.org/

Re: [lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home [ In reply to ]
Dear Graeme ,

Has this been solved ?

Re: [lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home [ In reply to ]
Hi Malcolm

> On 12 Jan 2015, at 11:05, Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@loadbalancer.org> wrote:
> Sounds like you have a few offers, but if they don't work out I'm sure
> we can set something up at Loadbalancer.org.
> We are also happy to sponsor someone's hosting costs if that helps.

Well, it took me a long time to get back to you - indicative of the amount of time I have had available to tend to the list!

I had a couple of offers but I think my slowness in replying got up both of their noses I’m afraid; they ended up saying “probably best take Malcolm’s offer”. Neither wanted to be MX for the entire domain, which is what I am with a couple of little used alias forwarders.

Could I take you up on the offer? It would be MX for the domain, a couple of alias forwarders, plus the mailing list.

Regards

Graeme
Re: [lvs-users] Admin - list needs a new home [ In reply to ]
Graeme,

I'm sure we can sort something out fairly quickly.

Scott,

Can you have a think about the best way of doing this and communicate
with Graeme?

Thanks.

On 7 May 2015 at 15:10, Graeme Fowler <graeme@graemef.net> wrote:
> Hi Malcolm
>
>> On 12 Jan 2015, at 11:05, Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@loadbalancer.org> wrote:
>> Sounds like you have a few offers, but if they don't work out I'm sure
>> we can set something up at Loadbalancer.org.
>> We are also happy to sponsor someone's hosting costs if that helps.
>
> Well, it took me a long time to get back to you - indicative of the amount of time I have had available to tend to the list!
>
> I had a couple of offers but I think my slowness in replying got up both of their noses I’m afraid; they ended up saying “probably best take Malcolm’s offer”. Neither wanted to be MX for the entire domain, which is what I am with a couple of little used alias forwarders.
>
> Could I take you up on the offer? It would be MX for the domain, a couple of alias forwarders, plus the mailing list.
>
> Regards
>
> Graeme

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.