Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] Masq Not Masqing!
Hi All

I have just set up an LVS node, the config all looks sane however packets
reaching the real servers have not been rewritten.

[root@lb0 ~]# ipvsadm -L -n
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
UDP 77.75.109.11:514 rr
-> 10.75.109.20:514 Masq 1 0 0
-> 10.75.109.21:514 Masq 1 0 1

packets arriving on a real server are not re-written:

[root@graylog0 ~]# tshark port 514
Running as user "root" and group "root". This could be dangerous.
Capturing on eth0
0.000000 77.75.107.106 -> 77.75.109.11 Syslog 106 CRON.INFO
<http://cron.info/>: Sep 30 22:01:01 cron[96298]: %CRON-6: (root) CMD
(newsyslog)

has anyone seen this before? any pointers at all?

Cheers

Dan
Re: [lvs-users] Masq Not Masqing! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 08:49 +0100, Daniel Goscomb wrote:
> I have just set up an LVS node, the config all looks sane however packets
> reaching the real servers have not been rewritten.

Config looks sane, as you say, but...

> has anyone seen this before? any pointers at all?

Have you put the VIP on your realservers at all?

In that instance, packets would not traverse your director - they'll go
straight to the RS. Read up on "The ARP Problem" (which is more
generally an issue in DR mode rather than NAT).

Graeme

Re: [lvs-users] Masq Not Masqing! [ In reply to ]

> Have you put the VIP on your realservers at all?
>
> In that instance, packets would not traverse your director - they'll go
> straight to the RS. Read up on "The ARP Problem" (which is more
> generally an issue in DR mode rather than NAT).

So it turns out I must have been running windows without knowing it... a reboot fixed the issue and the packets are now rewritten with the correct destination address... nasty.

Thanks for the help.