Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] Is the virtual ip used in lvs a private ip or public ip?
Whether is the virtual ip a private ip or public ip ? How does the client connect to loader balancer?

Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip used in lvs a private ip or public ip? [ In reply to ]
net.study.sea@gmail.com writes:

> Whether is the virtual ip a private ip or public ip ?

If you want to provide a public virtual service, then the VIP must be
public (double NAT and possible other trickery aside).

> How does the client connect to loader balancer?

By standard routing and/or neighbor discovery.
--
Feri.

Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip used in lvs a private ip or public ip? [ In reply to ]
In my case , client need to login on the real server ,which is
selected at last time ,so how could it connect to the special real
server ? Is this a question probablly about lvs ?

> net.study.sea@gmail.com writes:
>
>> Whether is the virtual ip a private ip or public ip ?
>
> If you want to provide a public virtual service, then the VIP must be
> public (double NAT and possible other trickery aside).
>
>> How does the client connect to loader balancer?
>
> By standard routing and/or neighbor discovery.
> --
> Feri.

Best Regards!

Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip used in lvs a private ip or public ip? [ In reply to ]
Do you mean that a virtual service is usually a private service in a
local network ? And the vip is certainly a private ip in that network
?

But if I need to access the virtual service at public network ,how is
that ? Do I need to do NAT to transfer its public ip to its private ip
,which is working in its server cluster ?

--
Best Regards!