I am wondering that when and how is the virtual ip used in Lvs .
How is the packet forwarded from loader balancer to Real server through VIP?

·¢×ÔÎÒµÄ iPhone
Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip visible in local network? [ In reply to ]
net.study.sea@gmail.com writes:

> How is the packet forwarded from loader balancer to Real server
> through VIP?

There are three possibilities: direct routing, NAT and tunneling. See
for example http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/how.html.
Feri.

Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip visible in local network? [ In reply to ]
On application level, is. It. Possible to redirect net packet to a special real server ,which is determined by client's param?
if. Possible , how to do that?

ÔÚ 2014-3-2£¬18:24£¬Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> дµÀ£º

Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip visible in local network? [ In reply to ]
Am 02.03.2014 15:36 schrieb <net.study.sea@gmail.com>:

> On application level, is. It. Possible to redirect net packet to a
special real server ,which is determined by client's param?
> if. Possible , how to do that?

Sure. Simply write your own custom scheduler kernel module, after the
pattern of the existing dozen scheduler modules. Some of them are almost
trivial. Of course, coding "by the client's param" might be slightly
tricky...

best regards
Patrick
Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip visible in local network? [ In reply to ]
net.study.sea@gmail.com writes:

> 在 2014-3-2,18:24,Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> 写道:
>
>> net.study.sea@gmail.com writes:
>>
>>> How is the packet forwarded from loader balancer to Real server
>>> through VIP?
>>
>> There are three possibilities: direct routing, NAT and tunneling. See
>> for example http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/how.html.
>
> On application level, is. It. Possible to redirect net packet to a
> special real server ,which is determined by client's param?
> if. Possible , how to do that?

I'm not sure I properly understand your question, but if you define your
virtual services by firewall marks, then the full power of netfilter
matches is at your disposal. For example you can easily distribute
connections from different IP addresses differently. It's not
"application level", but IPVS is inherently kernel-based. On the other
hand, netfilter is capable of doing user-space callouts, which may be
enough for you.
Feri.