Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] lvs works behind a hareware firewall through public network
Hi there !

I have an emergency problem now , and I join this mail list expect
some help , thanks all of you !

The case scene:

user ----> public IP( supplied by a hardware firewall) ----->
public IP(supplied by LVS : NAT,rr) ----> 5 Real Servers(nginx¡¢php-fpm)
----> Mysql

maybe you can see the hidden trouble , lvs only can see only one
client(one prublic IP , the hardware firewall)

The trouble is:

Sometimes , the request is very unbalanced !

lvs puts a lots of requests to 1 real server. And this poor¡¢unlucky real
server have to handle 3 times more then others!

I count this from the nginx access.log

most of the times , lvs balances well!

I try to use LeastConn instead of RoundRobin, but doest effect.

(some one said the frewall and LVS should work in a LAN, why must I
use this architecture? Because some more cold backup firewalls are in
different IDC. to prevent DDOS and redundancy )

Any ideas ? Thanks very mych !

Re: [lvs-users] lvs works behind a hareware firewall through public network [ In reply to ]
do you have any sort of persistence configuration in LVS? it is
unlikely caused by LVS if you have no persistence in LVS. what does
ipvsadm -L -n look like ? how do you count the access log? counting
for HTTP request on same tcp connection (http cookie maybe involved
and not really imbalance of LVS) or different tcp connection to
server? do you have tcpdump shows imbalanced connection to server?

Vincent