Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] [ANNOUNCE] ipvsadm release v1.27
We are happy to announce the release of ipvsadm v1.27.

ipvsadm is a utility to administer the kernels IPVS/LVS load-balancer service

It have been quite a while since the last release of ipvsadm, as v1.26
were released on February 8, 2011. Since then, the source code
repository have been converted into git.

This is the first released based on the kernel.org git tree:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/kernel/ipvsadm/ipvsadm.git/

You can download the tarballs from:
https://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/ipvsadm/

The older releases are also available via:
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/ipvs.html#kernel-2.6
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/kernel-2.6/

Maintainers:
Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au>
Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
Wensong Zhang <wensong@linux-vs.org>

The development have slowed down over the past years, as the tool and
kernel in this area have stabilized. As can be seen by the shortlog
below, this release mostly contains bug fixes for existing features.

With one exception commit 3141694c (ipvsadm: support for scheduler flags)
by Alexander Frolkin, adds support for a new feature in kernel v3.11
introduced in kernel commit eba3b5a787 (ipvs: SH fallback and L4 hashing).

Shortlog:
---------
Alexander Frolkin (1):
ipvsadm: support for scheduler flags

Alexander Holler (1):
libipvs: Fix initialization of netlink (needed for IPv6) when the module ip_vs wasn't loaded.

Daniel Borkmann (1):
libipvs: libnl3: fix compilation error

Henrique Mecking (1):
libipvs: Fix memory leak

Jesper Dangaard Brouer (6):
ipvsadm: fix compiling tool on distros with only libnl-1
ipvsadm: detect LIBS and CFLAGS for libnl versions
Make README more generic and reference new kernel.org location
Add MAINTAINERS style file
Maintainer script for releasing tarballs
Release: Version 1.27

Julian Anastasov (4):
Fix the --pe option checks
Fallback to libpopt on shared object
ipvsadm: Fix wrong format of --pe option in FMT_RULE listing
ipvsadm: init svc in ipvs_get_service

Krzysztof Gajdemski (2):
ipvsadm: Fix wrong format of -o option in FMT_RULE listing
ipvsadm: Show 'ops' flag regardless of service persistence

Ryan O'Hara (4):
ipvsadm: fix list_daemon to handle master/backup status in either position
ipvsadm: Fix svc->pe_name conditional
libipvs: Remove redundant CHECK_PE
libipvs: CHECK_IPV4 and CHECK_PE macros should not call return

Simon Horman (1):
Linking against libpopt is always requited

Tim Serong (1):
ipvsadm: Fix buffer overrun in ipvs_dests_parse_cb()

wensong (1):
exclude the .svn directory and the TAGS file while making distribution

--
Best regards,
Jesper Dangaard Brouer
Re: [lvs-users] [ANNOUNCE] ipvsadm release v1.27 [ In reply to ]
Hi Jesper,

I just checked in RedHat Enterprise 6.5 - still on ipvsadm 1.26 - will
there be an upgrade to 1.27 in 6.6 (or a backport of those fixes within
RHEL ipvsadm 1.26)?

Kind regards

Nils

Re: [lvs-users] [ANNOUNCE] ipvsadm release v1.27 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 12:56:45PM +0100, Hildebrand, Nils, 122 wrote:
> Hi Jesper,
>
> I just checked in RedHat Enterprise 6.5 - still on ipvsadm 1.26 - will
> there be an upgrade to 1.27 in 6.6 (or a backport of those fixes within
> RHEL ipvsadm 1.26)?

Perhaps. I believe most of the patches that were committed post 1.26
have been backported to RHEL6.5. If there are specific patches you
have in mind, please let me know and/or file a bug. Thanks!

Ryan