Mailing List Archive

Re: Short dropout of www.linux-vs.org [extremely OT]
Hi,

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> Hi,
>
> due to a hardware issue (upgrading firmware sometimes has unexpected side
> effects ;-), the server was done for 2 hours today. Sorry about that, but now
> it is uptodate and shouldn't come down for the next few decades or so...
> (Famous last words)

Ok then, Lars. What is the new machine like? We'd like to know ;)

ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@tPacA.cMh | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`
Re: Short dropout of www.linux-vs.org [extremely OT] [ In reply to ]
On 2000-11-21T16:43:20,
ratz <ratz@tac.ch> said:

> > due to a hardware issue (upgrading firmware sometimes has unexpected side
> > effects ;-), the server was done for 2 hours today. Sorry about that, but now
> > it is uptodate and shouldn't come down for the next few decades or so...
> > (Famous last words)
> Ok then, Lars. What is the new machine like? We'd like to know ;)

LVS.org is now running on a 850Mhz Athlon Thunderbird, 256MB RAM and a 30GB
3Ware RAID1 (25MB/s sustained) and connected to >E3 bandwidth.

So far, it has been holding up quite nicely, except now all the undeliverable
addresses on the list start cluttering up the mail queue - I am seeing a
record load of 0.06 right now.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>
Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl