Mailing List Archive

reset solr index
I have deployed rails application and using search engine is solr.

I've installed solr-ruby and integrated the same also.

I need to clear the solr index.

I need a way to clear the db and also need a function (through solr
ruby) that will allow us to clear everything.

--

Best Regards,
**

*
*

*
*Visit us at **Internet World, UK** (**28th-30th Apr 2009**)*
*Click here for FREE TICKETS:**
*http://www.angleritech.com/company/latest-technology-news-events.html
*

*ANGLER Technologies India - Your Offshore Development Partner -- An ISO
9001 Company*

Contact us for your high quality Software Outsourcing
<http://www.angleritech.com/offshore/outsourced_product_development.html>,
E-Business Products <http://www.angleritech.com/ebusiness/index.html>
and Design Solutions <http://www.angleritech.com/design/index.html>

/* */

web : www.angleritech.com <http://www.angleritech.com/>
tel : +91 422 2312707, 2313938
fax : +91 422 2313936
address :* *1144 Trichy Road, Coimbatore, 641045, India

offices <http://www.angleritech.com/contact/index.html>_ _ :
India | USA | UK | Canada | Europe | UAE | South Africa | Singapore |
Hong Kong

* *

*Disclaimer: *The information in the email, files and communication are
strictly confidential and meant for the intended recipients. It may
contain proprietary information. If you are not an intended recipient;
any form of disclosure, copyright, distribution and any other means of
use of information is unauthorised and subject to legal implications. We
do not accept any liability for the transmission of incomplete, delayed
communication and recipients must check this email and any attachments
for the presence of viruses before downloading them.
Re: reset solr index [ In reply to ]
On May 1, 2009, at 11:32 PM, Geetha wrote:
> I've installed solr-ruby and integrated the same also.
>
> I need to clear the solr index.
>
> I need a way to clear the db and also need a function (through solr
> ruby) that will allow us to clear everything.

How are you integrating the DB and Solr? acts_as_solr?

Clearing the Solr index from solr-ruby is as easy as just sending a
delete_by_query of *:* and doing a commit. Details were replied to on
the solr-user list the other day:

<http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/ff32b0089f2bf142/how_to_reset_the_index_in_solr

Erik