Mailing List Archive

Can't get a DateFilter to work
Hi,

I really tried everything to get a DateFilter to work but I failed. :-(

What I did was:

Indexing:

doc.add( Field.Keyword("last-modifed",
DateField.timeToString( timeInMillies ) );

e.g.
millies: 1008269714990
field value: 0cv6xr772

If i submit a "normal" query, looking for 0cv6xr772 I find the entry, i.e.
the entry should be indexed correctly.
If I search for a text in the body of the element I find about 30 entries
including the one mentioned above with last-midified=0cv6xr772.

If I repeat the same query with

DateFilter filter=new DateFilter("last-modified", 0, 2008269714990);
Hits hits = searcher.search(query, filter);

I do not get any results. What am I doing wrong?
Any help appreciated.

JAn

Re: Can't get a DateFilter to work [ In reply to ]
Could be just a typo in the email message, but 1008269714990 != 2008269714990.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk

AW: Can't get a DateFilter to work [ In reply to ]
Hi,

it is no typo. I thought that a DateFilter will return everything between
"from" (0) and "to" (2008269714990), specified in the parameter list.

Jan

Re: AW: Can't get a DateFilter to work [ In reply to ]
Sorry, my mistake. I glanced at your message and leapt to
the wrong conclusion. Don't know what is wrong in your code
but since I had been meaning to get to grips with Date
searching in Lucene but had never made time to do so, have
knocked up a test program, attached to this message, which
creates a small index and searches on a few ranges, including
0 to 2008269714990, and it seems to work fine. Perhaps it
may help you track down your problem.

If not, and you still want help, I suggest you post the
simplest possible program that demonstrates the problem.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk

AW: AW: Can't get a DateFilter to work: SOLVED [ In reply to ]
The problem is solved.
There was a small difference in the code used for searching with/without a
Datefilter. The error was in the code building the actual result set and NOT
in the code doing the search itself. That's why I didn't see it.
Now everything works find.

Thanks to all who helped.

Jan

Re: AW: Can't get a DateFilter to work [ In reply to ]
Hi,

i've got the same problem. i has forgotten to store the field value for the date
field (only indexing is not enough!)

manfred