there is still no reply from committers.

I think, the project committers are engaged in their taglibs,
and they are interested in implementation of their taglibs only.

RE: suggestion [ In reply to ]
Can you provide some examples of tags that you think would be useful?

Would you like to implement these?

Doug

RE: suggestion [ In reply to ]
some thoughts:

It would be nice to have a META data driven tag that can Index
(add/update/delete) Documents. Fields and how their data is retrieved
(Strings,Streams)
would be defined in the Meta data. A TAG for Searching would be nice too.
This Tag should have a Hits Cache (with cache manager) to allow Hits to be
sorted and the results can be reused when paging results so you would not
have to re-submit the query (not that is't slow to do that)

ie) HitsToken=SEARCH(String)

GetRows(HistsTokem,1,25)
Hit NEXT
GetRows(HistsTokem,26,50) .....

ReleaseCache(HitsToken)

in cases when release is not called the cache Manager would have a fixed
Cache Size which could recycle FIFO when cache is full.

warren

Doug Cutting <DCutting@grandcentral.com> on 12/07/2001 12:29:16 PM

Please respond to "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Can you provide some examples of tags that you think would be useful?

Would you like to implement these?

Doug

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>