Mailing List Archive

How to search words starts with ?,æ,Æ
hi all,

I'm using lucene package for my application,
it is giving result for almost all sorts of Queries,
but when I tried to search a word which starts with
containg special characters like " æ " and " Æ " it is
not giving result.

Acually internal representation of these characters
contain some characters like ?+, I mean
æ => ?+,

But actually lucene QueryParser class and Query classes
are replaceing ? with blanks. So if i give

Code?Code

for searching they are replacing it with

Code Code

and Searcing for it.

My question is

How can I search these words which contain ? in their
content like name?, get? etc., and also how can I search
the special characters whose internal representaion contains
? as their values.

Some mails of lucene tells that we have to modify QueryParser.jj
class file. How and what I have to modify to get the above said query results ?

Please help me it is Very Urgent !!!!

Thanks in advance

Srini