From: "Ruffieux Stephane, yellowworld extern" <ruffieuxs@yellowworld.ch>
To: <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 1:33 PM
Subject: WG: Filter and stop-words

Yes, it is a way. You have to implement
org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenFilter and to implement the next() method
with the algorithm for Portugese. After that you can create a
PortugeseAnalyser (inherits from Analyser) which use it.

In the actual version of Lucene it's an implementation for german. It can
perhaps help you.

The following link gives algorithms for some european langages:
http://snowball.sourceforge.net/texts/stemmersoverview.html
<http://snowball.sourceforge.net/texts/stemmersoverview.html>

Best regards.

Stéphane

PS: I work on the same problem, but for french and italian. Had somebody
still programming stemmer for this languages?