But I want:

(realName:"testb+testa") (keywords:"testb+testa")

Is it possible, and if so how???

Re: Recommended way of performing multi-field searches (Repost) [ In reply to ]
hmmm....I'm a little confused.

Do you mean "testa +testb" as in the term "testa" is optional and "testb" is
mandatory? Or do you want the phrase "testa+testb"?

If the former, if the query "testa+testb" (note no spaces between the end of
one term and the "+"), the query does indeed become (realName:"testa testb")
(keywords:"testa testb").

If you submit "testa +testb", the query becomes (realName:testa
+realName:testb) (keywords:testa +keywords:testb).

Kelvin