database or from an LDAP console?
There got to be some for indexing database records but I can't see them?
Any light out there?

Re: Lucene indexer vs. DB index [ In reply to ]
If your database or LDAP server gives you all the indexing you
need, with good enough performance, perhaps you don't need Lucene.
But I'm not aware of any databases that give you full text
indexing to match the power of Lucene.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk

RE: Lucene indexer vs. DB index [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the reply. I guess my question is also related to mails sent by
Cecil New earlier. She's trying to index simple, atomic (I mean not
tokenizable) fields unlike text fields. In this scenario I am evaluating
would I be better off using Lucene or creating a DB index of these simple
fields (some are VARCHAR types others are of numeric type) for searching
(Note Cecil that I do not question your approach)?
As a practical example has anyone benchmark a SQL statement using a '=' or
'LIKE' operator using a major DB vendor versus a Lucene Query or
WildcardQuery on atomic fields?