contribution of Lucene.

https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22

But currently no issues with this label.
I don't know the current operation of this label, but in the future, Is
this label will utilized?
Because good first issues label issues are a very nice starting point for
beginner contributors.

Thanks & Regards!
Question about current situation of good first issues in GitHub [ In reply to ]
Hello Shunya,

As far as I know, GitHub issues are not marked for new developers yet.
The project migrated a few months ago from Jira to GitHub issues, so
you can still search the old labels in Jira . In particular, there is `newdev`
for good starter issues [1].

Hope this helps,
Stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8674?jql=project%20%3D%20LUCENE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newdev%20ORDER%20BY%20labels%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

Re: Question about current situation of good first issues in GitHub [ In reply to ]
Hi,

The old JIRA labels are also in Github. See tags named
"legacy-jiralabel:*". The equivalent search would be this:
https://github.com/apache/lucene/labels/legacy-jira-label%3Anewdev

Uwe

Am 10.01.2023 um 12:41 schrieb Stefan Vodita:
> Hello Shunya,
>
> As far as I know, GitHub issues are not marked for new developers yet.
> The project migrated a few months ago from Jira to GitHub issues, so
> you can still search the old labels in Jira . In particular, there is `newdev`
> for good starter issues [1].
>
> Hope this helps,
> Stefan
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8674?jql=project%20%3D%20LUCENE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newdev%20ORDER%20BY%20labels%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC
>

> On 08/01/2023, 14:27, "Shunya Ueta" <shunyaueta01@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Lucene users.
>> Last time I checked `good first issue` in GitHub issues to start a
>> contribution of Lucene.
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22
>>
>> But currently no issues with this label.
>> I don't know the current operation of this label, but in the future, Is
>> this label will utilized?
>> Because good first issues label issues are a very nice starting point for
>> beginner contributors.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards!

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Re: Question about current situation of good first issues in GitHub [ In reply to ]
That label seems to be something GitHub created automatically?

You might have better luck browsing the full list of labels. I found these:

https://github.com/apache/lucene/labels/legacy-jira-label%3Anewbie
https://github.com/apache/lucene/labels/legacy-jira-label%3Anewdev
https://github.com/apache/lucene/labels/legacy-jira-label%3Anoob
https://github.com/apache/lucene/labels/legacy-jira-label%3Astarter
https://github.com/apache/lucene/labels/legacy-jira-priority%3ATrivial

Re: Question about current situation of good first issues in GitHub [ In reply to ]
Oh, Thank you very much.
I don't know those beginner-friendly labels.
I will try to find the good first issue.

Re: Question about current situation of good first issues in GitHub [ In reply to ]
And sorry for the too late response.
I completely missed your kindful response.
Thank you again! I will try to contribute Apache Lucene. : )
Regards!