Mailing List Archive

Extending Directory Object
Hello,

I am looking to write out a custom storage for lucene indexes. Can somebody
point me to a location where I can find an example of it?

Thx
Re: Extending Directory Object [ In reply to ]
A really old example (Lucene 6.x) is here:
https://github.com/lumongo/lumongo/wiki/Distributed-Directory
https://github.com/lumongo/lumongo/tree/master/lumongo-storage/src/main/java/org/lumongo/storage/lucene

But the gist is to extend BaseDirectory and IndexOutput/IndexInput which I
think still applies.

The above project was abandoned because storing the index in MongoDB (or
any DB) probably requires block caching in memory for decent performance in
which case you are caching plus the DB is caching and using more memory.
Can you expand on your use case for custom storage?

Thanks,
Matt