Note that issues should be raised in Jira at this moment, although GitHub
issue is already enabled in the Lucene repository.
Please do not raise issues in GitHub until we let you know that GitHub
issue is officially available. We immediately close any issues on GitHub
until then.

Here are the detailed plan/migration steps.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/issues/7

Tomoko
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
<Progress report and announcement>

Issue migration has been started. Jira is now read-only.

GitHub issue is available for new issues.

- You should open new issues on GitHub. E.g.
https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/1078
- Do not touch issues that are in the middle of migration, please. E.g.
https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/1072
- While you cannot break these issues, migration scripts can
modify/overwrite your comments on the issues.
- Pull requests are not affected. You can open/update PRs as usual. Please
let me know if you have any trouble with PRs.

Tomoko

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
Wooot! Thank you so much Tomoko!!

Mike

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 6:44 AM Tomoko Uchida <tomoko.uchida.1111@gmail.com>
wrote:

> <Progress report and announcement>
>
> Issue migration has been started. Jira is now read-only.
>
> GitHub issue is available for new issues.
>
> - You should open new issues on GitHub. E.g.
> https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/1078
> - Do not touch issues that are in the middle of migration, please. E.g.
> https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/1072
> - While you cannot break these issues, migration scripts can
> modify/overwrite your comments on the issues.
> - Pull requests are not affected. You can open/update PRs as usual. Please
> let me know if you have any trouble with PRs.
>

> Tomoko
>

> 2022?8?18?(?) 18:23 Tomoko Uchida <tomoko.uchida.1111@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The Lucene project decided to move our issue tracking system from Jira to
>> GitHub and migrate all Jira issues to GitHub.
>>
>> We start issue migration on Monday, August 22 at 8:00 UTC.
>> 1) We make Jira read-only before migration. You cannot update existing
>> issues until the migration is completed.
>> 2) You can use GitHub for opening NEW issues or pull requests during
>> migration.
>>
>> Note that issues should be raised in Jira at this moment, although GitHub
>> issue is already enabled in the Lucene repository.
>> Please do not raise issues in GitHub until we let you know that GitHub
>> issue is officially available. We immediately close any issues on GitHub
>> until then.
>>
>> Here are the detailed plan/migration steps.
>> https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/issues/7
>>
>> Tomoko
>>
> --
Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
<Progress report and announcement>

Issue migration has been completed (except for minor cleanups).
This is the Jira -> GitHub issue number mapping for possible future usage.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/blob/main/migration/mappings-data/issue-map.csv.20220823_final

GitHub issue is now fully available for all issues.
For issue label management (e.g. "fix-version"), please review this manual.
https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/dev-docs/github-issues-howto.md

Tomoko

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
Thanks! It seems to be working nicely.

Question about the fix-version: tagging. I wonder if going forward we
want to main that for new issues? I happened to notice there is also
this "milestone" feature in github -- does that seem like a place to
put version information?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 3:20 PM Tomoko Uchida

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
> I wonder if going forward we want to main that for new issues?

Maybe we just tag "fix-version:main"? Renaming a label (e.g.
fix-version:main -> fix-version:10.0.0) is easy when we release a major
version.

> I happened to notice there is also this "milestone" feature in github --
does that seem like a place to put version information?

There was some discussion about Level vs Milestone. An issue can have only
one Milestone, this may not fit our use case.

Tomoko

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

instead of fix version i used the Milestone 9.4 to indicate the proposed
fix version. Why do we need a label for this?

See what I did in an issue I am working on and the corresponding PR:
https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/11701 and
https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/11718

Uwe

Am 24.08.2022 um 21:26 schrieb Michael Sokolov:
> Thanks! It seems to be working nicely.
>
> Question about the fix-version: tagging. I wonder if going forward we
> want to main that for new issues? I happened to notice there is also
> this "milestone" feature in github -- does that seem like a place to
> put version information?
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 3:20 PM Tomoko Uchida
> <tomoko.uchida.1111@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <Progress report and announcement>
>>
>> Issue migration has been completed (except for minor cleanups).
>> This is the Jira -> GitHub issue number mapping for possible future usage. https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/blob/main/migration/mappings-data/issue-map.csv.20220823_final
>>
>> GitHub issue is now fully available for all issues.
>> For issue label management (e.g. "fix-version"), please review this manual.
>> https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/dev-docs/github-issues-howto.md
>>
>> Tomoko
>>

>> 2022?8?22?(?) 19:46 Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com>:
>>> Wooot! Thank you so much Tomoko!!
>>>
>>> Mike

>>> --
>>> Mike McCandless
>>>
>>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
Just in case, I proposed Milestone for version management both in the Jira
issue and dev@ mail list several times.
There were a few questions about the proposal. And few people went along
with that.

If you want to use Milestone, I'm fine with it. Please clarify that in
https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/dev-docs/github-issues-howto.md
to avoid confusion.

Tomoko

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
Love this! Thanks for all the hard work, Tomoko.
-
Vigya

- Vigya
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
Thank you Tomoko! It looks AWESOME!

I will work on fixing jirasearch to index from GitHub ...

Mike

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
It looks great, thank you for this monumental effort, Tomoko.

Dawid

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 9:19 PM Tomoko Uchida

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Issue migration Jira to GitHub starts on Monday, August 22 [ In reply to ]
We have completed all the necessary post-processing and cleanups.
Thank you everyone, who is involved in this; hope the outcome meets our
requirements and serves for future development.

Again, if you need guidelines for our new issue tracking system, please
review these docs.
- Contributing guide:
https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md
- GitHub issues how-to: