I have an index file where I am missing si files for a set of dim,fdt,and
nvd files, is there a way i can create the si file, the shard is thus not
getting allocated because of this and I am facing no index found exception.
Re: SI File Missing [ In reply to ]
Hi Brian,
This is a case of index corruption and unless you have a backup of your
working index, there is no way to recover the data unfortunately. There is,
however, a way for you to recover the index with partial data loss if that
is something that you can work with.

You can use lucene's CheckIndex utility to recover your index minus the
corrupt segment. You'll basically lose the documents contained in the
corrupt segment and recover the rest. You can invoke it as:
java -cp lucene-core.jar org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex pathToIndex
[-exorcise] [-crossCheckTermVectors] [-segment X] [-segment Y] [-dir-impl X]

You didn't specify the Lucene version you are using, but you can check out
the "main" method in the Javadoc for your appropriate version:
https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_11_1/core/org/apache/lucene/index/CheckIndex.html

You'll need to run it with the "-exorcise" option to repair the index with
the loss of documents in the corrupt segment.

-Rahul