about 500m docs) so a nano second of time spent on scoring every document
in any shard causes a few second delay in the query response.
I discovered that the most performant way to score documents is constant
score but the overhead of function calls can cause delay.
As a result I'm looking for a trick to ignore the function call and have
all no scoring on my whole query

Is it possible to ignore this step?

thanks a million
Re: Lucene Disable scoring [ In reply to ]
No that's the only way to do it. The function call does not cost
overheads because it is optimized away by the runtime.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

Re: Lucene Disable scoring [ In reply to ]
I'd rather agree with Uwe, but you can plug BooleanSimilarity just to check
it out.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Re: Lucene Disable scoring [ In reply to ]
Note that Lucene automatically disables scoring already when scores are not
needed. E.g. queries that compute the top-k hits by score will definitely
compute scores, but if you are just counting the number of matches of a
query or aggregations, then Lucene skips scoring entirely already.

Is there something that leads you to believing that Lucene is computing
scores when it shouldn't?

--
Adrien