Hi Everyone,-
What is the process to propose a new feature for Core Lucene engine?
Best regards
Re: How to propose a new feature [ In reply to ]
Resent due to need for help.
Thanks
________________________________
From: Baris Kazar
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 2:30 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Cc: Baris Kazar <baris.kazar@oracle.com>
Subject: How to propose a new feature

Re: How to propose a new feature [ In reply to ]
Just send an email with the problem that you want to solve and the
approach that you are suggesting.

--
Adrien

Re: How to propose a new feature [ In reply to ]
I am proposing to add a prefetch cache to the architecture of Lucene core engine.
I think there was some mechanism before like fetching 100 documents from hits contructor.
I want to expand this to a cache structure such that the cache will hold most frequently hit results for a while with some well-known cache strategies.
Or we can come up as Lucene community with a new caching design.

Maybe this is already available in the code and i will be happy if you can point me to.
If not, what are the thoughts on this?
Thanks

--
Adrien
Re: How to propose a new feature [ In reply to ]
This cache can work on different indexable fields or even maybe stored fields. But indexable fields is better i think.
It can be configured to cache which fields, too. Probably most people may choose all indexable fields.
Thanks

--
Adrien