Mailing List Archive

Using Lucene to search partial source code
Dear development community of Lucene:
Hi from student research assistant Yuxin Liu. I'm using Lucene to build an
index search for source code indexes. I have a set of source code snippets
and I want to use part of the source code snippet as a query and obtain
the document with its source code textfield that matches the query with
highest similarity.
Here is what I did: build indexing documents, store each source code
snippet as a textfield into one document with its id. Then use a query to
search for it. However, I don't know which kind of query should I use to
have the partial source code as my query; Because my query is not terms nor
phrases.
What is a good way to achieve this?
I am really looking for some suggestions because this has blocked me for a
while.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Sincerely,
Yuxin