Lucene is not affected by the latest bug, right?
I saw on Solr News page there are some fixes already made to Solr.
Best regards
Re: Log4j [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Lucene is an API and does not log with log4j.

Only the user interface Luke uses log4j, but this one does not do any networking. So unless user of Luke enters jndi expressions nothing can happen. ????

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
Re: Log4j [ In reply to ]
Does Lucene not have any internal logging at all, e.g for debugging?

Re: Log4j [ In reply to ]
Hi,

It only has an abstract logging interface inside IndexWriter to track actions done during indexing. But implementation of that is up to the application. By default you can only redirect to a file or stdout, if needed.

All other Apis log nothing.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler