hello~~i have a question
hello i have a question, so im sending u an e-mail

when searching in lucene, i wonder if it reads from the oldest segment or
the most recently created segment

when i test it, i think it reads the oldest file first, but i ask for
conviction, not conjecture
please im looking around and i cant figure it out so i ask
thank u
Re: hello~~i have a question [ In reply to ]
I don't know either, whereas I searched  a little and found various good
explanations what segments are, e.g.

https://www.alibabacloud.com/blog/analysis-of-lucene---basic-concepts_594672

but not in which order the segments are being read.

I am nore sure where in the code the segments are being read, but did
you already have a look at the source code?

https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexReader.java
https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/DirectoryReader.java
https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/FSDirectory.java

HTH