I am interested in using BigIntegerPoint. What is the reason that it is part of the sandbox ? Is it ready for use ?

Many thanks,

Michael

Re: BigIntegerPoint [ In reply to ]
It was added to the sandbox originally (along with InetAddressPoint for ip
addresses) and just never graduated from there:

The InetAddressPoint was moved to core because it seems pretty common that
people want to do range queries on IP hosts and so on. So it got love.

Not many people need 128-bit range queries I suppose?

Re: BigIntegerPoint [ In reply to ]
Looking at TestBigIntegerPoint it seems to me that the core functionality of BigIntegerPoint
is working. Is there any reason you would advise me for not using it ? Is there anything
missing ?

Re: BigIntegerPoint [ In reply to ]
It's indeed working. As Robert suggested, it's in the sandbox more because
it's unclear if it is really needed than because it is unstable.

The few data points I have suggest that among the users for whom LongPoint
is not enough, there are more users who need unsigned 64 bits integers than
true 128 bits integers.

Re: BigIntegerPoint [ In reply to ]
ok, thanks a lot for the clarification.