Please though some suggestions to figure it out. Please let me know how to enable logging for Lucene to debug the issue.

Thanks,

Jyothsna
RE: issue with Lucene UpdateDocument [ In reply to ]
HI Team,

1.We Upgraded Lucene 4.6 to 8+, After upgrading we are facing issue with UpdateDocument API. We are using UpdateDocument for editing existing records and adding new records.

2.Adding a new record to the index file is working fine.

3.When we are trying to edit one of record from the list of records, it is deleting a specific record from the index file and adding new value. But time taking to add edit value to segment file is almost three minutes.

4. Is there any API for controlling to commit buffered memory to main memory.

Please throw some suggestions to commit changes before buffer time.

Thanks,

Jyothsna
Re: issue with Lucene UpdateDocument [ In reply to ]
So -- you update a single document and the call to updateDocument
takes 3 minutes? Or you update a single document and call commit() and
that takes 3 minutes? Or -- you update 100000 documents and call
commit() and that takes 3 minutes? We can't help you with the level of
detail you've provided. As far as buffered memory vs main memory it's
not clear what you're asking. There is a control for the buffer size
used by IndexWriter to decide when to flush a segment - maybe that's
what you're after? Look in IndexWriterConfig for it.