Hi,

I am excited to see Lucene 8 introduced BlockMax WAND as a major speed
improvement https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8135. My question
is, how does it integrate with facet request, when the numFound won't be
exact? I did some search but haven't found any documentation on this. Any
pointer is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Wei
Re: Lucene 8 early termination [ In reply to ]
Hi,

There is no support with calculating facets, because the counts can't be optimized with wand or blockmax.

The general recommendation is to execute facets/aggregations in separate Elasticsearch or Solr requests (e.g. using AJAX on your website). The display of search results would be instant and facets coming later. Doing that in the same request or separately does not really matter for performance. So I'd always recommend to do it separately if you can do that in your user interface.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen