Mailing List Archive

AnalyzingInfixSuggester suggest apostrophe
Hello,

I am using the AnalyzingInfixSuggester for my suggester, and trying to
get the apostrophe to work correctly (highlighter and search).

I am adding a field to my main index for the suggester with the
apostrophe included:

document.add(new StoredField(FieldConstants.C_DESCRIPTION_SUGGEST,
item.getDescription() ));

and then build the suggest dictionary using the main index field:

DocumentDictionary ldd = new DocumentDictionary(
      DirectoryReader.open(sourceFSDirectory),
      FieldConstants.C_DESCRIPTION_SUGGEST,
      FieldConstants.C_WEIGHT_LINES,
      FieldConstants.CONSTANT_PAYLOAD,
      FieldConstants.CONSTANT);

I am then using the AnalyzingInfixSuggester with this custom analyzer build:

return CustomAnalyzer.builder()
                    .withTokenizer(StandardTokenizerFactory.class)
                    .addTokenFilter(LowerCaseFilterFactory.class)
.addTokenFilter(SuggestStopFilterFactory.class).build();

The problem is if I include the apostrophe in the main index field, then
do a search without the apostrophe it does not find it.  Similarly vice
versa.

Is there an alternative analyser build that would make both ways work?
ie ignore the apostrophe?

Cheers Greg