since Java 9 and it will create trouble with a modularized application.

We are using the jsplitpkgscan project [1] to find those split packages.

I was going to open a JIRA issue for this but JIRA tells me that I need to
ask on the mailing list first, so here you go.

Correcting this is most likely just moving classes in distinct packages
which should not be too complex.

Philippe

[1] https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/jsplitpkgscan
RE: Split package in Lucene 8.2.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

this issue is known and cannot be solved by just patching lucene, it affects the whole lucene infrastrcuture. A change on this would break almost any app out there so it needs to be done on a major release.

In addition, as Lucene uses SPI / service loaders, auto-modules don't works anyways, so you have to pack all of lucene into one module. The current recommendation is to do this on packaging. Some time in the future we will modularize Lucene, but that’s not a big priority yet. When this is done, also the plugin/service loading mechanism needs module-info.class files.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Split package in Lucene 8.2.0 [ In reply to ]
Hello Uwe,

Thank you for the explanation. Is there already a JIRA issue where this
refactoring is tracked? We would love to have one to be informed about the
progress, even if it is not immediately planned.

In the meantime and as a workaround, we will look into repackaging the
lucene JARs to avoid this issue.

Philippe