 does it matter which field is added first into index when multi field
Lucene is used?

does that make difference at search time like if it matches first and
second field (which are fuzzy queries and AND-mandatory search term) and
ignore third and fourth mandatory (AND) fields (search terms)?

i saw this kinda behivor.

all the fields are TextField.

Best regards

Re: Multi field Lucene index [ In reply to ]
Should not matter, AFAIK.

If your first MUST clause in a BooleanQuery fails to match for a
document, then there is no point for the engine to match further
clauses, right?

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 7:56 PM <baris.kazar@oracle.com> wrote:

> Re-sending and please let me know Your amazing thoughts
>
> Happy July 4th
>
> Best regards
>

> On 7/3/19 6:01 PM, baris.kazar@oracle.com wrote:
> > Hi,-
> >
> > does it matter which field is added first into index when multi field
> > Lucene is used?
> >
> > does that make difference at search time like if it matches first and
> > second field (which are fuzzy queries and AND-mandatory search term)
> > and ignore third and fourth mandatory (AND) fields (search terms)?
> >
> > i saw this kinda behivor.
> >
> > all the fields are TextField.
> >
> > Best regards

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Multi field Lucene index [ In reply to ]

Re: Multi field Lucene index [ In reply to ]
Of course if it were the case, but since the data is there for the third
and fourth, it should have brought the related data.

Best regards