Mailing List Archive

A possible Java exception message fix
Index created with Lucene 6.6 and according to that,  this error message
might need update:-> This version of Lucene only supports indexes
created with release 7.0 and later.

The first part of the error message is consistent with the error: -> 6
(needs to be between 7 and 9).

Hope this helps

baris

PS, here is the stack trace

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException: Format version is
not supported (resource
BufferedChecksumIndexInput(MMapIndexInput(path="/scratch/bkazar/auto_correct_index/index/segments_5"))):
6 (needs to be between 7 and 9). *This version of Lucene only supports
indexes created with release 6.0 and later.*
    at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.CodecUtil.checkHeaderNoMagic(CodecUtil.java:213)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.readCommit(SegmentInfos.java:305)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.readCommit(SegmentInfos.java:289)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.StandardDirectoryReader$1.doBody(StandardDirectoryReader.java:64)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.StandardDirectoryReader$1.doBody(StandardDirectoryReader.java:61)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:680)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.StandardDirectoryReader.open(StandardDirectoryReader.java:84)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:76)
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:64)

.... (this should be enough for the trace)
Re: A possible Java exception message fix [ In reply to ]
Ok i forgot to mention below that i was trying to run 6.6. index with
Lucene 8.1.1.

Best regards

Re: A possible Java exception message fix [ In reply to ]
What are you asking here? Indeed, Lucene 8 (and therefore Solr) will not open an index that has ever been touched by Lucene 6x or earlier. You must re-index into 8x.

You cannot spoof this with, for instance, IndexUpgraderTool and go from 6->7->8. You must reindex from your system-of-record.

This has been discussed several times on the mailing list, please search the mail archives for a fuller discussion.

Best,
Erick

Re: A possible Java exception message fix [ In reply to ]
I already explained on the message line and in the email body:
the exception message needs a fix and i explained in detail below.
Thanks

Re: A possible Java exception message fix [ In reply to ]
Thsi exception message:

This version of Lucene only supports indexes created with release 6.0
and later.

needs to change to