Mailing List Archive

Complex query puzzle.
Lucene Gurus:

I have a need for complex querying with my lucene index that allows
combinations of:

. toggling case sensitivity on and off
. toggling porter stemming on and off
. toggling fuzzy matching on and off
. toggling wildcard matching on and off
. more...

along with regular query strings that include optional date range queries.

The only way I see to do this is:
. Creating multiple fields for each true field. One for each combination
of the options: ie.
one for case sensitive & porter stemming. One for case sensitive & NOT
porter
stemming, etc... Doing a search on the particular one that fits the
given search params.

There will be many thousands of documents in the index and our logical
documents are already being turned into multiple lucene documents, so all of
the duplication could be very costly.

Is there a better way of doing what I'm trying to do? Can you create an
index using a custom analyzer using a combination of filters and search it
only using a subset of those filters?

I could really use advice on this... alternatives, recommendations, etc...

Thanks in advance!!!

-Brandon Jockman