Mailing List Archive

Is NEAR supported?
Hi, I'm using Lucene in an archived e-mail full-text search system and I'm
agreeing with it's flexibility and speed, but I've got a doubt about
querying capabilities. In one of Lucene's site linked external articles (
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2000/jw-0915-lucene.html ), under
"Query features" paragraph, you can read that Lucene queries support the
NEAR operator, but I can't find it in Lucene's FAQs, in point 5 of searching
section. Which one is right? Javaworld or Lucene's FAQs?

Thanks.
Alessio

- Disclaimer -
This email and any attachments thereto may contain information which is
confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are
intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use of the
information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents, by persons other than the
designated recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by email and delete the material from any computer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Is NEAR supported? [ In reply to ]
See PhraseQuery.setSlop();

Extract from javadoc:

"Sets the number of other words permitted between words in query
phrase.
If zero, then this is an exact phrase search. For larger values this
works like a WITHIN or NEAR operator.".

There was also some stuff on this topic on the list not very long ago.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk

Re: Is NEAR supported? [ In reply to ]