Mailing List Archive

Proximity Feature
Hi,

This is regarding the proximity feature in lucene,
in the previous mails we came to know that a variable
"slop" is used in PhraseQuery class for proximity feature.
But through jguru site

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=538309

we got this answer

There is a variable called slop in PhraseQuery that allows you to perform NEAR/WITHIN-like queries.
By default, slop is set to 0 so that only exact phrases will match. However, you can alter the value using the setSlop(int) method.

For instance, setSlop(3) will let you find documents containing a phrase such as "monkeys love bananas".
There is currently no way to specify the slop in the query, although there has been some discussion about it on the Lucene mailing list recently.

So, in latest version of the lucene is this feature incorporated ?? if yes
please give the URL from which we can download.

Any inforamation regarding proximity would be helpful for us...

with regards
Srini