Mailing List Archive

Large-files redeux, Sorting and Uniqifying results.
Hi again,

offtopic -- Java 1.3 allowed me to optimize to a single 6GB
segment... :-) yah -- needed Solaris largefile support though.
However, I'm now fighting a problem when I try to open a searcher :-(
StackTrace later!

ok, So I have a bunch of results -- I'd like to uniqify them (I can
only return one document per document owner -- a document owner may
have several versions), and then sort them according to another
criteria other than score (eg alphabetically by owners name).

Any guesses other than extracting the whole set and then processing
:) I looked at HitCollector, but it says DO NOT CALL Searcher.Doc(i),
which is what I would need to get the owners name... ?

Any ideas ?

Cheers,
Winton

Winton Davies