org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError.

Thanks.
Paul
Re: QueryParser.parse(...) javadoc is incorrect [ In reply to ]
> The javadoc for QueryParser.parse(...) says that it throws a ParseException
> if an error occurs, in fact, it throws an
> org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError.

Actually, this is not quite correct.

It throws a ParseException if it encounters a valid sequence of tokens
but which do not match the parsing rules. For example, I'll bet
foo AND AND bar
would throw a ParseException, even though this is a sequence of valid
tokens.

It throws a TokenMgrError when it cannot even assemble a sequence of
characters into a token. This shouldn't happen; post the offending
query and I'll see if it can be fixed.

RE: QueryParser.parse(...) javadoc is incorrect [ In reply to ]
Here's an example that throws the TokenMgrError.

import org.apache.lucene.queryParser.*;
import org.apache.lucene.search.*;
import org.apache.lucene.index.*;
import org.apache.lucene.analysis.*;
import org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.*;
import org.apache.lucene.document.*;

public class ParseTest {

IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open("index");
Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(reader);
String qStr = "[]";
Query query = QueryParser.parse(qStr, "text", analyzer);
}
}