Mailing List Archive

Announcing Funes, a mail archive search program
Hello, I'm writing to announce the release of Funes, the little mail
archive search program I've been working on. It's at

http://www.nelson.monkey.org/funes/

Funes is a Java program that enables you to search your memories. At
its core is a search engine: Funes indexes all of your email into a
quickly-searchable database and then lets you query that database. The
search engine itself is implemented with Lucene. Funes adds the glue
to parse mailboxes and interact with you.

This release is very incomplete, simple, and only minimally
functional. I'm putting it out there under the idea of "release early
and often", and because I've been tinkering with it for weeks now and
felt it was time to put something out.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

nelson@monkey.org
. . . . . . . . http://www.media.mit.edu/~nelson/