I am trying to add a new field to the Document as below:

doc.add(new Field("authorname", authorname, false, true, false));

When I am doing the search after rebuilding the index, I am not getting any
results if I search on this field.

Is there a size limit or limit on the number of fields a Document can have ?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Vijay

Re: Adding New Fields to Document [ In reply to ]
Are you adding the document to the index once you've added the Field to the
document?
Do you see the authorname if search on some other field in the Document?

I don't know if there are limits or not, but if there are I suspect they
are high enough that you and I are unlikely to hit them.

--
Ian.
ian.lea@blackwell.co.uk